Base Leeds City Region conference
11 September 2012
University of Bradford
More info and booking…
The Base Leeds City Region conference will focus on the relationship between sustainability and economic growth in the context of the Leeds City Region, comprising Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, North Yorkshire, Selby, Wakefield and York. The conference will promote the City Region as a low carbon location and highlight opportunities arising from initiatives in the area.
The event will feature plenary speakers focusing on the issues and themes linking sustainability and economic success in the City Region, including construction, property, transport, energy and resource management. These themes will be further explored in breakout sessions, which will examine in detail at all aspects of sustainable cities including: retrofitting and newbuild housing; energy efficiency in public and commercial buildings; renewable energy; green transport; water; and waste.
The content of the Base Leeds City Region conference will include:
- Illustration with real-world case studies of the characteristics and features of sustainable cities, specific development sectors, and best practice business and commercial activities
- Promotion of transferable models and examples of city-based sustainable development, with a particular focus on climate change responses and resource-use efficiency innovations
- City retro-fitting and new eco-urban schemes in areas such as buildings, energy, transport, procurement, ICT/SMART growth, waste management, materials/resource use, and manufacturing and services
The event is backed by Leeds City Region Local Economic partnership (LEP) and the chairman, Neil McLean, will be making two presentations on the day. Other speakers at the conference will include:
- Andrew Stunell, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London
- Steve Wood, vice-president of strategy, IBM
- Neil McLean, chair, Leeds City Region LEP
- Charles Abel Smith, UK Green Investments
The Base Leeds City Region event takes place on Tuesday 11 September in the Atrium of the Richmond Building at Bradford University, which has been commended nationally for its outstanding green credentials. The event is free for business and public sector professionals in relevant decision-making roles.
Do you have a comment on this page?
All comments are moderated: we will not publish irrelevant or inappropriate comments. Please note that we require your email to validate your message and will not publish it or use it for any other purpose.