Sustainable Development 2012: Communities for a low carbon future
Tuesday 28th February 2012
QEII Conference Centre, London
More information and registration…
A discounted rate is available to readers of SD Scene. Quote ‘SCENE’ on the booking form or when contacting GovNet to receive £70 off the usual price.
Govnet’s 6th annual Sustainable Development conference takes place on 28th February 2012 at the QEII Conference Centre, London.
Over the past six years, SDUK has established itself as a leading national forum for discussing the challenges and opportunities around sustainable growth within a low-carbon economy. As the Rio+20 Earth Summit 2012 approaches this conference will look to the UK’s priorities for the negotiations and the further steps the UK must take to tackle climate change and deliver sustainable development.
Phil Wynn Owen, Director General of International Climate Change and Energy Efficiency at DECC, will give the keynote address. Other speakers will include:
- Professor Robert Watson, Chief Scientific Advisor to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs;
- Mike Holmes, President, Planning Officers Association;
- Fiona MacGregor, Head of Affordable Housing, Homes and Communities Agency;
- Councillor Jonathan Cook, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for the Environment, Wandsworth Council;
- Chris Pook, Head, Green Economy Team, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
A selection of one-hour seminars running in the morning and afternoon will address areas of specific interest and include an interactive discussion. Three separate afternoon streams will also focus on more specific area of interest:
- Renewable and New Energy;
- Investing in Research and Development;
- Planning and Design – The Next Generation of Sustainable Housing.
Do you have a comment on this page?
All comments are moderated: we will not publish irrelevant or inappropriate comments. Please note that we require your email to validate your message and will not publish it or use it for any other purpose.