Conference: SDUK 2011
Thursday 17th March 2011
QEII Conference Centre, London
Those working in the public sector can now attend for just £99. Use SCENE99 code when booking. Private sector rates available on request.
Over the past five years, SDUK has established itself as a leading national forum for discussing the challenges and opportunities around sustainable growth within a low-carbon economy.
The 2011 conference will bring together over 350 delegates from central and local government, industry, education and the NHS to address key issues underlying the sustainability agenda, including:
- Phase 2 of the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and how this will affect your organisation;
- Driving sustainable development across government;
- Government energy policy including nuclear, renewables, smart meters and smart grids;
- Opportunities for collaboration between government and business to support growth in key low-carbon industries and develop the green economy;
- The role of science and research in providing the technology and methodology for sustainable development.
The conference will be chaired by Sara Parkin, Founder Director of Forum for the Future, and confirmed speakers include:
- Rt Hon Caroline Spelman MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs;
- Rt Hon David Willetts MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, BIS;
- Tim Yeo MP, Chair, Energy and Climate Change Select Committee;
- Professor Sir John Beddington, Chief Scientific Advisor to HM Government;
- Professor David MacKay, Chief Scientific Adviser, DECC (provisionally confirmed);
- Professor Robert Watson, Chief Scientific Advisor, Defra;
- Andrew Lawrence, Director, Strategy and Sustainability, Defra;
- Professor Bernie Bulkin, Chair, Office for Renewable Energy Deployment, DECC;
- Dr Paul Leinster, Chief Executive, Environment Agency;
- Neil Herbert, Head of Licensing and Business Improvement, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea;
- Artur Runge-Metzger, Director ‘International and Climate Strategy’, DG Climate Action, European Commission;
- Philip Monaghan, Author of Sustainability in Austerity: How Local Government can Deliver During Times of Crisis.
Full details and online booking are available at http://www.sduk-conference.co.uk/
Do you have a comment on this page?
All comments are moderated: we will not publish irrelevant or inappropriate comments. Please note that we require your email to validate your message and will not publish it or use it for any other purpose.